Senior Payments Project Manager
Candidates must be available immediately or have a short notice period
Salary: Max R1200 per hour
End Date: 15th May 2021
Duration: 6 months, possibility of extension
Responsibilities: To manage complex projects relating to the National Payment System, through the formal project management lifecycle from conception to implementation.
National Payment System exposure with specific experience regarding the following payment systems:
- 10+ years’ experience in managing large complex multidisciplinary Projects and Programmes in the Financial services and banking industry
- 10+ years of experience in Waterfall and/or Agile practices
- Mobilise and manage complex projects / programmes through effective project management disciplines from conception to implementation.
- Manage project parameters; active scope management and focus on delivery of agreed project deliverables within the life cycle approach.
- Ensures the establishment of effective project structures, appropriate definition of the deliverables against the demands of the life cycle approach, and in conjunction with the requirements of the established methodology.
- Drive the performance of the project, active management of project components for gated reviews and resolution of project quality and design issues.
- Perform quality control and performance review of all deliverables to ensure project performance is optimised.
- Provide project visibility, develop and communicate a single point of focus for all project issues, governance, escalation of risks and issues to all relevant parties and stakeholders.
- Monitor and control project progress, using the reporting standards as defined by Project Office.
- Active stakeholder management, continuously manage stakeholder’s expectations and understanding.
- Integrates the project deliverable into the project programme or portfolio, where the project comprises part of a larger programme, or delivers into a portfolio of projects.