Tender and Project Engineer- Electrical
An International Trading company, operating in the Electrical Energy Sector and based in Johannesburg/Randburg is looking for a young professional to join their team as a Tendering and Project Engineer to take on a highly organised role which focuses on tenders, contract and project execution and documentary compliance. The role also involves independent travel into Africa and the Far East, to engage with Electrical Engineers and Procurement Professionals on technical as well as contractual matters.
The incumbent is expected to take full responsibility for technical details on products and works, in procurement as well as turnkey tenders which the company submits. Management of the overall process of submission of a compliant tender offer against bidding documents issued by the comopany’s clients is to be handled in cooperation with other team members. He/She will also play a key role in managing HV and MV turnkey contracts from tender stage to final handover, and is expected to ensure that all work is carried out to the customer's stated specifications and in accordance with the company's quality and safety standards at profitable margins for the company.
Tender preparation and Submission
- Tender preparation and submission, from assessment, soft copy compilation, printing and final preparation for all allocated company tenders
- Liaison with Clients and Suppliers to coordinate compliant document submission for tenders
- Ensuring timely and accurate tender submissions through effective communication with country agents of the company
- Management of allocated projects from tender stage to execution of the contract
- Planning of project execution in accordance with time and budget constraints
- Preparation of all schedules, drawings, registrations and required approvals regarding projects
- Installation supervision, commissioning where necessary and documentation of all work concerning the project
- Estimation of site equipment and budgetary requirements in rehearsing with the sub-contractors as well as the client
- Supervising sub-contractors and ensure that they and their work comply to required client and Company standards
- Maintaining Health and safety at the work site at all times
- Managing equipment suppliers for quality and timely deliveries
- Attending site meetings
- Monitoring possibilities for and preparation of change orders due to deviation in specifications and/or scope of work
- Preparation and presentation of progress reports
- Communication of project deliverables to supervisor and client
- Early recognition of potential risks and communicating to Project Management Team
- Technical/Electrical background - Electrical Engineering degree or Electrical Technician or BTech qualification as a minimum
- 2 - 3 years Experience working with tender documents – either drawing up, or submission of tender documents and tender specifications is ESSENTIAL
- Attention to detail and capacity to do many hours of highly organized administrative work
- Fluency in a second language such as Portuguese or French would be favorable
- Electrical engineering qualification, min NQF level 7(Degree)
- MUST work well in a small team of 3 - 4 people, and under deadline pressure – the position will involve work outside of normal office hours
- Must be willing and able to travel on your own in Africa and the East/Far East, including China and engage with Electrical Engineers and Procurement Professionals on technical as well as contractual matters.
If you fit ALL of the requirements please send your CV in a Word format
If you have not received feedback within two weeks please presume your application has been unsuccessful
Please do not apply if you do not fit all of the requirements.