An exciting opportunity exists for a suitably qualified and experienced individual to join the team as the Financial Manager for International (FM).
Reporting to the Group Finance Executive, the FM will be responsible for the overall international operations financial reporting process, coordinating and preparing of monthly management packs, budgets and forecast, monthly statements of cashflow (solvency and liquidity), quarterly board packs, compliance, including transfer pricing, intercompany loans, related party transactions, South African Reserve Bank liaison and taxation.
The ideal candidate must have a minimum of 5 years’ experience in financial management, taxation, IFRS application, must be assertive and a team player with exceptional attention to detail.
Primary Responsibilities for the Role
· Business partnering with the Managing Directors of the international operations.
· Ownership of the budget process for all the international operations ensuring alignment with strategy, within specified deadlines.
· Ownership of the month end close and forecast process for all the international operations, within specified deadlines.
· Advising the international Accountants on applicable IFRS standards, assisting with applying IFRS and reviewing to ensure the general ledger is IFRS compliant.
· Assisting with the population of the international board and committee meetings packs through the portal software per the group calendar.
· Preparation of monthly management accounts for all international operations with comments on variances and ensuring related party transactions are confirmed ahead of submission to the Consolidations and Reporting Accountant.
· Conduct detailed profitability analysis based on revenue forecast, commitments and expenses still to be incurred, and putting in place measures to ensure that profitability is maintained.
· Overall responsibility for the monthly translation of all International legal entities.
· Review and approval of monthly balance sheet reconciliations and journal entries, ensuring outstanding items are cleared timely and the validity and accuracy thereof.
· Overall responsibility for working capital management, including international trade receivables management and timely creditor payments, ensuring that each entity meets the solvency and liquidity test.
· Driving transfer pricing for the group and ensuing compliance at all time.
· Liaising with the external auditors, facilitating an efficient audit as a continuous improved process.
· Responsibility for preparation of the annual financial statements in terms of International Financial Reporting Standards (IFRS).
· Overall responsibility for the intercompany loans and related party transactions in the international operations, including the payment of creditors and receipt of debtors.
· Assisting the Public Officer with all matters relating to Corporate Taxes for the group.
· Assisting group finance with the Goodwill Impairment tests in accordance with IFRS, and any other interim results and year end results preparation responsibilities as required.
· Any other responsibilities as and when required.
Minimum Qualification and Experience Requirements
Desired Skills and Qualities
Personal Attributes and Qualities
Living the Values