As a UI / UX Engineer you will be responsible for developing attractive, user-friendly applications to cater to our clients’ needs and support our customer base. In this role, you will meet with the design team to discuss application features and create application mock-ups.
Primary Responsibilities for the Role
- Design User Interface Elements
- Collect and examine the needs of the user.
- Researching similar application designs and user interface modules.
- Design user interface elements menus, widgets, tabs, etc.
- Update web applications in line with user trends.
- Plan and develop new visual designs for computers, smartphones, and digital products.
- Illustrate the functions of the website and develop UI mock-ups and prototypes.
- Review and edit the mock-ups according to the client's feedback.
- Design Quality Usable User Interfaces
- Meeting with the design team to discuss application features and design ideas.
- Presenting updated front-end designs for final sign-off.
- Consult software development engineers and product designers regarding the product.
- Use sitemaps, process flowcharts, and storyboards for illustration and depiction of designs.
- Present your designs to the development team and all the stakeholders.
- Follow and / or set the Adapt IT Education standards concerning style, colour schemes, and fonts, etc.
- Respond to Customers and Market demands
- Build and maintain relationships with Customers and Business Development to understand and anticipate customer needs and market demands.
- Provide input and work closely with Business Development and Product Owners to contribute towards the delivery of change requests and impact assessments.
- Testing and Verification
- Conduct user tests of developed applications to evaluate user experience.
- Ensure the solution is test friendly by creating effective mechanisms for test data, automated testing hooks and simulations.
- Ensure reported defects are categorised by priority and fixed as appropriate.
- Ensure the project management team is informed of potential risks stemming from defects.
Qualification and Experience Requirements
- Between 2 – 5 years of experience as a UX /UI Designer, UI Designer, UX Designer or a similar role.
- Proven background of graphic designing projects related to web and mobile applications.
- Ability to troubleshoot using HTML5 & CSS3 with web designers and web developers.
- Strong understanding of wireframe tools.
- Strong communication skills and a team-building spirit.
- Good time management skills.
- Strong knowledge of responsive and interactive designs.
- Strong design thinking skills.
- Exceptional attention to detail.
- Personal Attributes and Qualities
- Mature individual with high level of emotional intelligence.
- Ability/Capacity to be aware of, control, and express emotions.
- Handle interpersonal relationships judiciously and empathetically.
- Demonstrate positivity, mental toughness and stability during stressful periods and periods of low activity.
- Flexibility – adapt to new concepts and ideas, ability to collaborate.
- Resilience – demonstrate ability to move forward despite setbacks.
- Endurance – consistently deliver at peak performance over the long term.
- Self-motivated, with the ability to motivate others.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
- Ability to work under pressure.
- Admit to errors and takes corrective action to avoid repetition.
- Approach own work with dedication and high sense of responsibility.
- Identify, analyse, organize, and solve problems and issues in a timely and effective manner.
- Anticipate problems, identify root causes, and take corrective action.
Set and achieve goals, consistently comply with quality standards, and meets deadlines.