The Business Analyst is required to work closely with clients to understand the client’s business and to gain an in depth understanding of the business requirements, document, validate and translate into value-add solutions. The analyst is required to present solutions that not only solve the immediate needs of the business, but solutions that fit into the strategic business and technical objectives of the client’s organization.
- Investigate and describe current business processes, identifying the organizational structure undertaking and supporting the business activities.
- Establish an understanding of business aims and develops alternative processes to achieve them.
- Assess the risks, costs and potential benefits of alternative business process designs.
- Responsible for investigative work to seek effective business solutions, and organize their implementation through improvements in information systems, data management, processes, procedures, organization and equipment. Applies and monitors the use of required modelling analysis tools, methods and standards in an intelligent and effective way.
- Co-operate with senior client and IS employees as required, conducting investigations at a high level for strategy studies, requirements specifications and feasibility studies.
- Utilize business experience and skills to assess and advice on the practicability of alternatives, marrying up technical limitations with operational realities.
- Take responsibility as needed for the detailed specification and modelling of recommended solutions using resources, standards, methods and tools as required.
- Specifying non-functional and reporting requirements.
- Write & maintain documentation which may include, specifications, enhancement notes, operating manuals, hand-over documentation and on-line help manuals.
- Collaboratively working with clients and other stakeholders to understand their needs and goals.
- Conduct business analysis to support business/ client needs.
- Translate business needs into conceptual requirements that the developers will use to develop applications.
- Compile and maintain business requirements which are used to design and develop the system.
- Communicates information from Subject Matter Experts (SME) to the rest of the team responsible for constructing the solution.
- Ensure that the developed software conforms to the documented requirements and the ITS Integrator Standards.
- Conduct testing, which include unit testing and end to end testing, to verify software requirements are met.
- Ensure users will get the best possible experience using our services.
Education & Qualification
- Appropriate tertiary qualification: University or Tech.
- Minimum 5 years of experience in an IT based analysis role.
- A thorough understanding of finance and accounting and the typical duties involved in tertiary financial administration and management.
- Experience in writing Business Requirements Specification (BRS) and Functional Requirements Specifications (FRS).
- Proven exposure to Scrum Methodology and Waterfall Methodology
- Driver’s license.
- Minimum 5 years as Business Analyst
- Working financial systems experience on an ERP system