Adapt IT Education is offering an outstanding opportunity for a seasoned Business Development Manager, well networked in the Education, EdTech space and experienced in opening doors, driving solution sales processes, and closing large deals. The main function of the role is to achieve quarterly software and services revenue targets within key clients in the sector, the successful candidate will therefore be expected to uncover, pursue, and convert new business opportunities, exploit these as a platform for the development of strategic account relationships, and maintain a high level of professionalism and customer satisfaction.
The Business Development works very closely with the Project Consulting Team who will assist in particularly complex Technical Sales engagements. However, the successful candidate will need to be autonomous and approach their job as a business within a business ensuring that they can create their own leads and are technically confident enough to handle most levels of complexity. Adapt IT is in a phase of hyper growth and therefore requires someone who thrives in a fast-paced environment.
The Business Development Manager needs to be a naturally enthusiastic, effervescent, and energetic HUNTER sales professional who is looking for a role that places them at the forefront of cutting-edge technology and innovation with an established solution set.
You must be able to establish & maintain strong relationships throughout the sales cycle, exude a passion for understanding the technical needs of the customer and articulating the value of Adapt IT’s products and solutions in meeting those needs at an Enterprise Level. You must therefore be a naturally confident and engaging communicator who is able to represent Adapt IT with impact and professionalism with one or two individuals or a team, right through to a board of directors.
Primary Responsibilities for the Role
· Develop strategy, tactics, and sales plans for growing Adapt IT Software sales in assigned territory.
· Acquiring, development and growth of mainly new and a few existing accounts in the Education sector.
· Responsible for identifying, exploring, and acquiring new customers (70% hunting activities)
· Continuously generate strong pipeline that supports the achievement of assigned quota(s). Provide territory management activities such as sales call reports, normal territory analysis, updating the sales and marketing database, timely forecast and expense reporting and territory insight.
· Produce accurate forecasts and pipeline data through SAP CRM.
· Ability to uncover customer business pain points and KPI’s that are established to meet their business objectives.
· Identify and qualify new business opportunities in meeting with C-level key decision makers to obtain executive sponsorship in pursuit of the sale.
· Position the Adapt IT Software value proposition, demonstrating business benefits and ROI differentiating Adapt IT from its competitors (i.e. consultative sales approach for selling solutions).
· Travel to make sales calls and related business activities can be up to 3 to 4 days a week in assigned territory.
· 7+ years of proven sales experience in a software technology company selling to the Education industry preferred or the Energy/Utility, and Public Sector vertical segments.
· Demonstrate ability to close large and complex deals > R1m, with history of doing large deals.
· Should be managing at least >R 5m annual sales quota and have documented history to have met or exceed targets constantly.
· Exceptional work ethic, the ability to work independently, self-motivated, driven and a strong desire to succeed.
· Communicate & present opportunities, special developments, information, or feedback gathered through field activity to appropriate Adapt IT departments and staff.
· Participate in marketing events such as seminars, trade shows, channel forums and telemarketing events.
· Manage client handovers to Project Management.
· Follow-up with clients for the collection of outstanding payments
essential skills and experience
· Have at least 7 years HUNTER IT solution selling experience (farmers need not apply)
· Advanced customer service, relationship building, negotiation and contract management skills.
· Understand customers decision-making processes and structures.
· Be a self-starter with a hunger to excel and the ability to work well within a fast-paced team environment.
· Be a creative dealmaker with ability to close extended sales engagements.
· Be a natural and engaging communicator and networker.
· Be able to work independently with little supervision and direction.
· An ability to remain committed and focused despite setbacks and objections. Driving the winning of new license sales revenue in the designated product set.
· Defining and leading the implementation of an effective Sales Plan for the designated product set.
· Monitoring the progress of the Sales Plan, initiating corrective action as appropriate.
· Planning and recommending resources to support the achievement of the Sales Plan.
· Analysis and interpretation of industry trends and business drivers related to the product offering.
· Monitoring and communicating competitive activity and Adapt IT’s differentiators.
· Respond to Requests for Information (RFIs) and Invitations to Tender (RFPs).
· Solid track record meeting and exceeding sales targets
· Technical / Functional ERP consulting experience advantageous
· At least 7 years experience in successful and demonstrable sales of complex software solutions
· At least 7 years experience in working with large organisations to quickly develop a portfolio of opportunities.
· At least 7 years experience in using a structured sales methodology such as Customer Centric Selling, Solution Selling, Winning Complex Sales or an equivalent.