The purpose of the role is to provide day to day leadership as well as technical guidance to the technical managed services team, thus ensuring that the team achieves the necessary outcomes to ensure effective operation.
Primary Responsibilities for the Role
- Manages resources through providing guidance, mentorship, and support to aid team members to meet support and project commitments.
- Provides status reporting inclusive of but not limited to utilisation plans, SLA performance, project updates, process improvements and team initiatives
- Perform resource and operational management of the team to ensure team members are highly utilized and efficient.
- Conducts and provides input to the performance appraisals of team
- Motivates and inspires team members
- Assist with succession planning
- Provides technical direction to the technical team
- Compiles or reviews technical designs to meet the business and client requirements
- Carries out sufficient research and development to identify new trends and features that could be incorporated to enhance and improve business processes and productivity
- Produces the necessary documentation that supports the technical design
- Liaises with the client to ensure all technical concerns are attended to in a professional and client service driven manner
- Suggests alternative technical solutions to meet customer requirements more efficiently and effectively
- Drives automation and processes efficiencies within the team
- Drives the delivery of Technical projects (internal and external)
- Performs Project management to ensure that the appropriate governance and compliance are followed.
- Assist with the compilation of quotes, WBSs, PRDs and sign off documents as required.
- Works with the technical team to extract project plans.
- Performs resource scheduling and planning
- Works together with the Technical Administrator to ensure that projects are completed on time, within budget and with the appropriate level of quality.
- Performs the function of a Project Owner for internal team Projects.
- Serves as the primary resource on larger and more complicated projects providing other team members with the necessary documentation that can be followed to implement the project.
Desired Skills, Experience and Qualities:
Education & Qualification
- Relevant tertiary education (BSC or similar)
- Relevant technical qualification (RHCE, Oracle Specialist, OCP)
- 8 years technical experience
- Expert technical knowledge (Oracle and Linux)
- Detailed and wide range technical knowledge across entire domain systems (Linux/Unix, Oracle Database, Oracle Application Serve, Cloud platforms, monitoring tools, etc)
- Maintains high levels of understanding of product knowledge and business domain knowledge
- Excellent leadership skills
- Strong understanding of ITIL
- Project management experience is advantageous.
- Proven process improvement experience
- Good presentation and communication skills
- Has sound knowledge of Technical Infrastructure and ICT sector
- Has strong attention to detail
- Is pro-active in executing responsibilities
- Has good communication, inter-personal and listening skills
- Is able to understand and follow instructions independently and accurately
- Has working knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint & Visio
- Is results orientated and gets the job done
- Is able to solve problems with minimal assistance
Actively seeking and implementing opportunities to maximize value in any aspect of the business.
- Setting a culture of continuously striving for better performance
- Challenging the current state in order to seek real improvements
Motivating and developing people to deliver superior results in a responsible manner
- Building and maintaining effective culture
- Creating a climate in which individuals and teams develop their potential and contribute their best
- Managing accountabilities and providing timely and constructive feedback
- Coaching and providing development opportunities that enable high performance
Taking responsibility and accountability for own behaviour, performance and development
- Taking ownership for own performance and decisions and their impact on the business
- Demonstrating tenacity and resilience even when faced with obstacles
- Seeking opportunities for personal feedback, learning and development
- Acting decisively when tough or quick action is required