Cyber Security Consultant-6 months
We are looking for an experienced Cyber Security Specialist to fulfil a 6-month contract on a Social Security Grant Distribution Project
**NB!! Interested candidates will be required to develop a technical and financial proposal**
1. Required skills and qualifications
- A University ICT related degree (Masters will be advantageous);
- 10 years’ work experience in cyber security, ICT security or information security;
- A combination or one of the following industry qualifications CISSP, CISM, CEH, OSCP and GPEN;
- Proven record in developing and implementing security strategies previously;
- Strong skills including knowledge of ICT governance, risk and compliance management;
- Ability to identify vulnerabilities and overall cyber/ information security issues;
- Strong attention to detail with an analytical mind and outstanding problem-solving skills;
- Great awareness of cybersecurity trends and hacking techniques;
- Excellent proven problem solving, communication, interpersonal and facilitation skills.
The successful candidate MUST have in-depth knowledge of data security requirements and policy and strategy/plans development
The project scope will entail:
- An assessment of the client’s current ICT security environment with considerable focus on data/information security.
- An assessment of the global best practice data security/ cyber security strategies/plans and extracting lessons where applicable to improve the client’s cyber/data security environment.
- A review of previous research conducted on the client’s cyber/data security environment and extracting any findings/ recommendations which will be useful for this project.
- Based on the assessment and review detailed above design a new cyber/data security policy and strategy/plan and identify specific security solutions.
- Conduct a gap analysis which will direct the client to move from its current state to the desired “new process” state and develop a plan to address gaps identified including skills and knowledge gaps. This analysis should also highlight interdependencies with other project workstreams and assign ownership within the client organisation