Job Role: Junior Desktop Technician – IT Department of Auditing Firm.
This is an entry-level position. The role involves providing first-line support to desktop / laptop users to a large team of Auditors as well as support staff.
- Qualifications: CompTIA A+ or alternatively studying towards an N+
- Drivers License essential and own vehicle essential.
- Matric pass.
- Good communication skills.
- Must be able to work with a variety of people.
- Ability to be patient.
Expectations of the role are as follows :
- Ability to adhere to company processes and procedures.
- Able to take responsibility for responding to all calls/ tickets logged on the helpdesk.
- Able to keep IT team and end-users informed of the status of logged calls on the helpdesk.
- Able to work effectively as part of a team, on the understanding that this does not mean being micromanaged.
- Able to diagnose basic hardware and software related issues relating to desktop support.
- Able to perform administrative duties ( ie record keeping ) and ensure documentation is updated and completed on time.
- Able to load a laptop / PC from base media and optimise with drivers / updates etc.
PKF is one of the largest mid-tier accounting firms in South Africa, providing multi-disciplinary auditing, accounting and business advisory services.
Our worldwide network is made up of trusted and experienced advisors from independent member firms, enabling the sharing of expertise and experience. The PKF network collaborates to deliver solutions in a timely and professional matter, which underpins our ability to offer you globally relevant advice, grounded in local knowledge.