The Group Finance Manager is responsible for the group tax compliance, including the group transfer pricing policy (annual review) and liaising with the relevant regulatory authorities. Responsible for the group financial reporting consolidation for interim and year end, in line with IFRS, including consolidated financial statements. Liaison with the South African Reserve Bank as and when required.
The expected outcome is to drive group standardisation on Accounting Policies, ensuring the group financial reporting and consolidation is IFRS compliant and various stakeholder timelines are strictly met. Adherence to all applicable group tax regulations (includes all group tax jurisdictions).
PRIMARY RESPONSIBILITIES FOR THE ROLE
a) Taxation compliance
· Develop, review, and implement the group tax compliance universe policy for all jurisdictions and plan for all tax submissions (including provisional tax and IT14SD as and applicable), ensuring the tax governance is well understood and executed;
· Review the group tax structure and ensuring tax efficiency;
· Develop, review, and implement the Withholding Tax policy and ensuring it is well understood and executed by the Finance community;
· Develop, review, and implement a group transfer pricing policy for all jurisdictions and is well understood and executed by the Finance Managers; and
· Review and sign off of all monthly tax related Balance Sheet Reconciliations and ensuring unreconciled items are addressed and cleared immediately (Income Tax, VAT, PAYE, Withholding Tax)
b) Group financial reporting
· Responsible for the group financial reporting consolidation for interim and year end, in line with IFRS, including consolidated financial statements;
· Translation of International Legal entities interim/year end workbooks, and resultant FCTR, for inclusion in the group consolidation;
· Performing the functional currency workings for cash generating units in business combinations;
· Ensuring related party transactions eliminate on consolidation; and
· Liaising with external auditors, facilitating an efficient audit, ensuring timely completion of consolidation process, drafting of annual financial statements and reporting to stakeholders.
c) Other financial compliance
· Annual group insurance renewal, including ad-hoc insurance matters;
· Annual submission of South African Reserve Bank (SARB) application for approval of related party payments;
· Overall responsibility for timely related party settlements, related party receipts and creditor payments, ensuring that each entity meets its solvency and liquidity test. Ongoing reconciliation of receipts and payments for annual SARB application;
· Assisting with the Integration and Amalgamation of legal entities as and when required; and
· Any other responsibilities as and when required.
d) International operations
· Preparation of monthly/annual workbooks for APAC operations with comments on variances and ensuring related party transactions are confirmed ahead of consolidation; and
· Business partnering with the APAC operations.
Desired Skills and Qualities
a) Personal Attributes and Qualities
· Strong analytical ability to interpret financial information
· Strong level of accuracy and self review
· High level of self-discipline and responsible individual
· Ability to drive projects from start to completion
· Excellent organisational skills, attention to detail and pro-active decision making
· Ability to work under pressure, multi tasking at times and adhere to strict deadlines
· Focused and results oriented, driven by excellence and a change agent
· Ability to manage group processes that involves building relationships with division Finance Managers
· Effective communicator at all levels and ability to work collaboratively with transparency.
· Demonstrating exceptional financial prowess, taking time to build deep knowledge of the business
· Willing to travel within South Africa, Rest of Africa and internationally.
b) Business Acumen
· Sharing, seeking out knowledge, best practice and resources across the group
· Valuing and drawing on others’ skills and experience
· Thinking and acting in the interests of the group
c) Strategic Effectiveness
· Good understanding of strategic positioning of a growing business
· Long?term strategic planning, management development, project management, quality improvement skills required
· Communicating a compelling and competitive business strategy
· Adding value by promoting innovation and leveraging new ideas
Compliance with all Legislative Requirements, such as IFRS, JSE Listings Requirements, the King Code of Good Corporate Governance, as well as all tax regimes wherein the company has operations, is paramount to ensuring the accuracy of information to all stakeholders. Corporate Governance underpins the company strategy and finance is responsible for the continuous implementation, monitoring and reporting on the state of the group’s compliance.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATION AND EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS
· CA(SA) (not negotiable)
· Written and spoken English
· Minimum 8 years post articles experience
· Strong financial reporting and IFRS knowledge
· Technical skills: Consolidation and Tax